Local Insurance Agents. Professional Advice.
With all the companies and resources available on the internet, aren't insurance agents becoming a thing of the past?
Not on your life.
Insurance agents provide advice and recommendations based on extensive training in both personal and commercial insurance products. Chances are, you are an individual searching for auto, home, life, or health insurance. There are a lot of great learning resources available online to educate yourself about insurance, but nothing compares to the experience of a professional insurance agent.
We absolutely recommend that all consumers research their coverages and discover more about how insurance works. Most people dread buying insurance, much less reading their policies, and for this reason, it's important that you utilize a professional agent just to ensure you are covered when you need to be.
Tips to Find a Good Agent
- If you need insurance for you or your family, look for an agent who is a personal lines specialist rather than an agent who mainly focuses on commercial accounts.
- Independent agents have the ability to place your business with multiple companies. Captive, or exclusive, agents generally write with only one.
- Use social media to ask your friends which agents they recommend, then interview each one before making a final decision.
- Go online and check the reputation of any prospective agent. Social media, Yelp, and even Google Places have customer reviews that can help filter out agents with a poor reputation.
- Find out from all prospective agents how claims are handled and if they will assist you. If the agent is not willing to assist during a claim, keep looking.
Top 10 U.S. Companies
- State Farm
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Tips for Saving on Insurance
- Guaranteed issue life insurance cost more than policies that require a medical exam. If you are in good health, you will save by opting for a policy that requires an exam.
- Buying a home closer to a fire station can earn significantly lower homeowners insurance rates. The shorter the distance from your home to a station the better.
- Adding a home security system can save 10 percent or more on homeowners insurance.
- Pay your insurance bill in full once a year and eliminate monthly surcharges that can add up.
- When buying life insurance, look into group insurance from an employer first.
- Choose vehicles that have good safety ratings and have a lower performance level to save on car insurance.
- Life insurance is always cheaper the younger you are, so don't put off buying coverage until you are older and rates are higher.